Tensions over shared water resources are due to increase as quantity and hydropower demands rise, and quality decreases, as both populations and economies grow, all exacerbated by climate change.
OSU Program in Water Conflict Management and Transformation offers focused research, collaborative facilitations and skills-building Workshops for countries and stakeholders in shared basins.
($750k) would help promote peace, environmental protection, and sustainable development through enhanced transboundary water education, outreach, and research:
- Systematic update of treaty database for use by UN agencies and stakeholders worldwide;
- Assess basins at risk for global hotspot map;
- Develop electronic version of existing skills-building course, including Chinese and Spanish versions to broaden access;
- Fund 10 students per year from the developing world to matriculate through new Master’s Degree in Water Cooperation and Peace (UPeace, UNESCO-IHE, OSU) to create new generation of water champions
To learn more about the Program in Water Conflict Management and Transformation, view the program overview.
To meet with or contact us, click here.
Instructions on How to Donate:
How to donate online:
- To donate to the Transboundary Freshwater Dispute Database and the Program in Water Conflict Management and Transformation, please donate to the Water Resources Management Research Fund (#4100-685510) at the OSU Foundation.
- Follow the link to donate directly to the Water Resource Management Research Fund (#4100-685510). All you need to do is complete the form. It’s that easy!
How to donate by mail:
- To donate to the Transboundary Freshwater Dispute Database and the Program in Water Conflict Management and Transformation, please print and complete the Giving Form. Under Areas of Support, check Other and write in Water Resource Management Research Fund #4100-685510.
- Please make checks payable to "OSU Foundation," and write Water Resource Management Research Fund #4100-685510 in the memo line, and mail to:
850 SW 35th St.
Corvallis, OR 97333-4015